3 Bedrooms 3 wc 200 sq.m.
This Green House is a smart villa thatκrsquo;s been given an eco-friendly design and functionality. Sustainability informs everything from the woody furnishings and the finest, natural materials used for construction until the latest eco-technology that is operating a comfortable and healthy living.
The villa is located just ten minutes drive away from the city centre of Rethymno and is the perfect for holiday home, for all year-round living and also ideal to be run as a touristic rental business.
This property offers total privacy on its private land of 4595 sqm, amazing sea view, a natural surrounding and also and easy, quick access to the all amenities.
The building has a total area of 207 sqm shared on three levels:
The basement of 61 sqm comprises of two individual 1-bedroom apartments each one designed with living room, kitchen, bathroom and one bedroom.
The ground floor of 70 sqm provides a large living room of 18 sqm with fireplace both wood burning and solar powered, the full fitted kitchen with its storage place and dining place of 13 sqm, a bathroom and a bedroom of 11,5 sqm.
There are also two large balconies of 16 sqm each one and a peaceful veranda with woody pergola of 14 sqm.
Luxury woody stairs lead to the floor in total area of 76,5 sqm. Here we have two bedrooms of 17,5 sqm and 13 sqm each one with its own indoor balcony of 5,5 sqm.
Also on this floor there is a good-sized bathroom and the green house of 17 sqm generating solar heating.
Outside area is a beautiful piece of nature with plenty flowers, green plants, fruit trees (pear, almond, apricot, fig, oranges, lemon, pomegranate trees)
Over the winter there is a natural stream running through the garden.
Regarding the eco-functionality the villa provides:
- air preheater, tubular type built into the boiler flue gas ducting. Through this system the ambient air is forced by a fan through ducting at one end of the preheater tubes and at other end the heated air from inside of the tubes emerges into another set of ducting, which carries it to the boiler furnace for combustion;
- heating system through solar powered radiators (however free solar heating and energy is a motto of this house);
- triple wall thermo insulation;
- gas installation for the almost all functionality of the house;
- private wells with radon removal system. There is no build up of radioactive materials when this technique is used. (radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas and comes from the natural breakdown - radioactive decay - of uranium. It is usually found in igneous rock and soil, but in some cases, well water may also be a source of radon).
- for the steel structure of the building it has been used grounding system for steel.
- Faraday cage; its operation depends on the fact that an external static electrical field causes the electric charges within the cages conducting material to be distributed such that they cancel the fields effect in the cages interior. This phenomenon is used, for example, to protect electronic equipment from lightning strikes and electrostatic discharges.
- the newest design of wind tower for passive ventilation of the building to reduce energy consumption. The major advantage of wind towers is that they are passive systems requiring no energy for operation. Also, wind towers reduce electrical energy consumption and environmental pollution.
- Tektalan product range for the technical room insulation (special product line of wood wool insulation materials for technical rooms, which is fire resistant with an A2 classification - κldquo;limited combustibilityκrdquo;. The superior acoustic insulation capabilities of this line make it a great choice for insulating the walls and floors of technical rooms where noise can be a problem. And its durability, eco-friendliness, and naturally attractive look render it an easy-to-use, long-term, and sustainable insulation solution).
- concrete water tank for drip irrigation in the garden
The property offers all the comfort someone might need into a natural environment, by latest eco-friendly techniques.
The distances are 4 km until Rethymno centre, 750 meters until nearest village, 2,5 km until the sea, 50 km to Airport of Chania and 75 km to Heraklion.
For Sale , sq.m. ( - )